Saturday, May 22, 2010

4/18/10

Yesterday I was walking through old Havana with some of the group. Beautiful ladies- a guy called. We tuned it out and kept walking. ‘Ugly ladies!’ he shouted. We looked over our shoulder… excuse me? ‘See, ‘beautiful ladies’ you do nothing’ he said, ‘ugly ladies you turn around’’. He got us. Kudos for wit.
We went to an artisians market (which was huge). I’d really like to buy and bring home a painting. I find, however, that when I’m at the vendors’ stalls and people are trying to get me to buy their goods, I loose all perspective. Why would anyone want to buy this art that they sell at literally every stall here, I wonder. But when I’m home I’ll wonder, ‘god, why didn’t I buy that art, I’ll never have that opportunity again, for sure! In any case, I’m sitting on it- I’ll go back if I need to buy anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment