Monday, February 8, 2010

never drink the water


Yesterday (1/26/10), Havana and I got in our first serious fight- which left me sick to my stomach. We visited a nice museum of the revolution, but I missed most of the exhibit instead examining the toilet seat. Then I got to really test the Cuban health care system. While waiting to be appointed insurance, I had another bout of nausea. I was worried they would hike up the price of the health insurance for the pale sickly gringa. But no, they cleaned up after me, and then transported me to the health clinic. There they asked about what I had eaten and took my blood pressure, gave me an anti-nausea shot in the butt and gave me some prescribed pills to take before each “blando” meal. The whole ER visit, shot and pills would have cost 39 dollars if it were not for my student insurance. Yay for saving money? Then I went back to the hotel and slept for 15 hours. Feelings: SO ILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment